Sunday, February 1, 2009

Letting go of past


Past is something we can't change but we have the present to make our future wonderful.

Embrace the present and live life to its fullest each day. It all starts when we let go of the past and understand that some things are not under our control. And a few years later, we would look back and realize that there is a good reason for every event that has occured in our past.

The only thing we need to carry forward are the lessons from the past and leave the rest. There is so much to look forward to that even our lifetime isn't sufficient for us to discover all.

Personally, I feel that being positive is the only way to lead one's life. Whenever, there is something negative going on in my head I immediately think of anything positive. Doing something for others will really help us build our self esteem. There is so much happiness in making someone smile or bringing a change in somebody's life. And, good set of friends make your life much easier. If you could confide in them during tough times then that is one of your support system.

So, start today and see the difference you can make to your own life :-)

4 comments:

  1. Something to get you through the difficult times and people in your life Rosh! Read "Your Erroneous Zones" by Wayne Dyer. This book changed my outlook on life and made a very profound change for the better. It created a turning point for me to not be a victim to another's opinion and rely on and trust my own self esteem to create a positive world for myself. Let no one oppress you is a good theme to live by. You and i already do. These positive messages need to be shared with as many people as possible though, i do agree.
    It does no good to regret anything in your past. You did what you felt was right at the time and having less experience then, maybe it didn't turn out right or could have turned out better but now, in hindsight, you know that and can do better next time. We should try to look back over our lives with as little angst as possible. Count the blessings of every day and be thankful. Amen! xox annie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. annie, i do believe that we all do possess the potential to make our lives wonderful. We shouldnt loose faith in ourselves during troubled times or due to negative people around us. I totally thank god everyday for all the blessings and feel fortunate to have a life like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are counting your blessings Rosh and loving your life. I have to say i feel peace and contentment in my life too. I have many beautiful memories looking back over this life. What i learned from Wayne's book is that you can have toxic people in your life. That is how he describes them. Once you realize it, you can take action in your life to correct it. As long as we never lose site of our self esteem, we can keep it all in perspective. I am learning all the time how to deal with negative people in my life. One bit of advice i like to give them is to pray. There is nothing like praying to produce miracles in your life. God has blessed me with many miracles in my times of need. There is nothing like His awesome power to provide for us. I was watching HGTV and they were trying to find a house in Arizona. This has always been on my list of places to visit. The beauty of that place is another gift from God that is so amazing. The mountains and beautiful desert scenery, cactus, all of it. It is so beautiful to me. I must make a trip there some day to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. everyone has good and bad in them annie. It depends on whether the person chooses to be good or bad. Yes, praying does help and for me it more of a selfless act that helps the most. I feel utmost joy in making a difference to someone's life.
    Hope you get to visit Arizona some time soon!

    ReplyDelete