Thursday, March 12, 2009

Delhi 6 - whts with the reviews???


I finally got to watch this movie and it was so interesting as well as refreshing. So, bored of seeing the stereotypical movies being made everywhere. This is an awesome movie with wonderful direction and also great music. For all those who feel that Rahman's work in Slumdog Millionaire was brilliant should listen to the music of Delhi 6.

The casting is just amazing and every character plays a vital role in the movie. Abhishek's work was termed as effortless in the reviews but I really loved the way he has played his character "Roshan". And Sonam Kapoor is also very talented though she doesn't have many scenes compared to Abhishek. It was wonderful seeing Waheeda Rehman, Rishi Kapoor, Om Puri, Supriya Pathak etc light up the screen. Casting directors have done a brilliant job and justice to every character in the movie.

I never go by the reviews in the papers cause there were mixed opinions about "Rang De Basanti" as well. After watching Rang De Basanti I knew that I had to watch this movie. It was so beautifully made.

I am sooooo thrilled that I finally got to watch this movie and enjoyed it so much that I am running short of words. If you haven't watched the movie then I guess you should :-) If you like my blogs I'm sure you'll like the movie as well. Take care!