Monday, September 28, 2009

Yikes! I ain't clingy


In relationships there would be a phase when I could get clingy, not the psycho kinds though! Being clingy in the actual sense is calling or getting in touch with your partner all day long i.e. your life revolves around that particular person.

There have been several occasions I have found it funny being around people who are so clingy in any relationship. Usually, its the women that are clingy in the cases that I have witnessed and may not be necessary in all the cases as I have heard if not witnessed of "clingy men". Yikes! Its a terrible thing to do either for a man or a woman. Get a life guys! Relationships are just a part of our lives and there is so much more to our presence on this planet.

Most of us forget that we are all individuals at the end of the day and the roles we play do not actually define who we are. I have often heard that getting married is like the end of your bachelorhood several times and I so don't believe in that. You may choose to agree or disagree with that. As, I would not be in a relationship that ties me down or is conditional. Relationships should be based on mutual trust and respect to be termed as "successful".

So, individual identity is the key ingredient of any successful relationship. Let us define our relationships and not vice versa. Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment